Monday 27 January 2014

Invention of Hugo Cabret Review

Hello reader,
It has been soooo long since we last met. Really sorry for that. Anyways, in spite of that, I did find time to read a few really good books.One of them is 'The Invention of Hugo Cabret'.So, I've been wanting to read this book right since I heard about the movie based on it and when I saw it in the library, I just couldn't resist borrowing it.And so, here's what I feel about it:

The Invention of Hugo Cabret takes the reading experience to a whole new level.It has the elements of a novel, a graphic novel, a movie and what not.Set in Paris, it tells the story of Hugo, a boy who fixes clocks at the station and how he finds an automaton that changes his life.The illustrations in the book are just beautiful.I was just left in awe by the attention to detail in them. The story is really inspirational and one line that really touched my heart was “I like to imagine that the world is one big machine. You know, machines never have any extra parts. They have the exact number and type of parts they need. So I figure if the entire world is a big machine, I have to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.” So in a nutshell 158 different pictures and 26159 words (don't worry I didn't count them, it was given in the book) together invent something totally new and unique, they invent-'Hugo Cabret'!!
So, whether you like full length novels or much shorter stories, you will definitely like this beautiful creation by Brian Selznick. 
P.S : Try reading the book before you see the movie. Its going to much better that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment